Clash of the Gods
Clash of the Gods is a documentary series that premiered in 2009 on the History channel. The program covers many of the ancient Greek and Norse Gods, monsters and heroes including Hades, Hercules, Medusa, Minotaur, Odysseus and Zeus.
1. Zeus – The story of Zeus and how he led the Olympians to defeat the Titans and gain control of the universe.
2. Hercules – Hercules, the strongest man in the world, murdered his family in a fit of rage. To atone for his sins, he is given 12 tasks to complete.
3. Hades – Hades is the lord of the underworld and the keeper of dead souls. This episode tells how Hades came to this position, why he was so feared, and what the Greeks thought awaited them after death.
4. Minotaur – The Minotaur was a flesh-eating, half-man, half-bull that lived in the labyrinth beneath the palace of Minos. Every 9 years, seven youths and seven maidens were chosen from Athens to be sacrificed to the Minotaur. Until a brave man named Theseus braved the labyrinth and killed the beast.
5. Medusa – Medusa was once a beautiful priestess of Athena until her vow of chastity was broken by Poseidon raping her. Refusing to punish Poseidon, Athena turns her wrath on Medusa. She was transformed into a monster so hideous, it would turn any person who saw her gaze into stone. But she eventually meets her end at the hands of Perseus.
6. Odysseus: Curse of the Sea – Odysseus, king of Ithaca, leaves his wife and son to fight in the Trojan War. After destroying Troy, he attempts to sail home, but has to face many challenges. After defeating a cyclops on Sicily, the beast asks his father, Poseidon, to curse Odysseus.
7. Odysseus: Warrior’s Revenge – Odysseus continues his journey across the chaotic sea, confronting sorceresses, sea monsters, and even a journey into death itself to reach his wife before she is forced to marry another.
8. Beowulf – The Norse saga of Beowulf and his battles with Grendel and other monsters.
9. Tolkien’s Monsters – About J. R. R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings trilogy and how real-life influenced it.
10. Thor – About the Norse god Thor.
Watch the full documentary now (playlist – 7 hours, 30 minutes))