John Pilger: Real Journalism
John Richard Pilger is an Australian journalist based in London. Since his early years as a war correspondent in Vietnam, Pilger has been a strong critic of American, Australian and British foreign policy, which he considers to be driven by an imperialist agenda.
Pilger has also criticized his native country's treatment of indigenous Australians and the practices of the mainstream media.
In the British print media, he has had a long association with the Daily Mirror, and writes a fortnightly column for the New Statesman magazine.
Pilger has twice won Britain's Journalist of the Year Award, and his documentaries, screened internationally, have gained awards in Britain and worldwide, and the journalist has received several honorary doctorates.
Documentaries made by John Pilger, available at TDF:
- Palestine is Still the Issue
- War By Other Means
- Flying the Flag: Arming the World
- The Truth Game
- Apartheid Did Not Die
- Inside Burma: Land of Fear
- The War on Democracy
- Welcome to Australia
- Julian Assange In Conversation With John Pilger
- Breaking The Silence: Truth and Lies in the War On Terror
- Stealing a Nation
- Death of a Nation: The Timor Conspiracy
- Year Zero: The Silent Death of Cambodia
- The New Rulers of the World
- Paying the Price: Killing the Children of Iraq
Watch the full documentary now